New Orleans Legal Malpractice Attorneys Represent Legal Professionals and The Public
Louisiana law firm upholding the integrity and quality of the practice of law
An attorney undergoes a rigorous application process, background checks and examination to obtain a license to practice law in Louisiana. The intense scrutiny from the Louisiana Bar Association is intended to maintain the integrity and quality of legal practice in the state. Attorneys swear to support the Constitution, abide by the rules of professional conduct and take actions that are consistent with truth and justice. The attorneys at Law Offices of Gordon P. Serou, Jr., L.L.C. have an unwavering commitment to the principled, dutiful practice of the legal profession. We expect the same firm dedication to ethical, competent legal practice from our peers. To uphold these high standards, we represent clients in matters related to the practice of law.
Clients’ rights to effective, ethical representation
Your attorney has certain specific obligations to you. You should expect an attorney who you retain to:
- Uphold the Constitution
- Practice in accordance with the Louisiana Bar rules of professional conduct
- Approach the court and judicial system with respect and honesty
- Act in your best interest
- Provide details about expenses and fees
- Retain fiduciary and accounting obligations
- Maintain confidential communications
- Abide by contractual agreements
When an attorney fails to fulfill these obligations, your case or rights may be negatively impacted. We work to get you justice.
Pursing aggrieved clients’ legal remedies
You have options if your legal counsel’s representation is fraudulent or negligent. We review your case and help you pursue the best means of obtaining relief, which could include:
- Suing the attorney
- Filing a grievance with the Louisiana Bar Association
- Negotiating with your attorney to rectify the problem
- Mediating with your attorney to reach an equitable agreement
- Assisting you in obtaining competent representation to complete your legal matters
If you have lost a case due to your former attorney’s mistakes or inaction, we may be able to help.
Defending Louisiana attorneys
If you are an attorney who finds yourself unfairly accused of violating your duties, we provide you with unyielding support. If a current or former client is accusing you of malpractice, our attorneys will represent you in litigation, negotiations, and in any dealings with the Louisiana Bar Association.
Contact Louisiana attorneys focused on upholding the ethics of our profession
Law Offices of Gordon P. Serou, Jr., L.L.C. is located in New Orleans and represents clients throughout Louisiana. Call us at 504-207-1910 or contact us online to schedule your consultations.